Saturday, March 23, 2013

Cannot install Qt SDK

Chapter 8 is all about Qt. So first, I have to install it. But I encountered some problems because the book only told us how to install it for Maya 2011 and Maya 2012. I followed the instruction but it cannot work.

Then, I searched for a long time and found out that many people have same problem with me. Finally, I found the reason: PyQt 4.9.1 built against Qt4.7.1.

Unfortunately, I didn't find a solution to solve this problem. But I can keep on learning without studying Chapter 8. So, next week, I will move on to Chapter 9: Understanding C++ and the API Documentation. From this week's learning, I knew Qt is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) tool. So, it must be very powerful and easy to use. I would like to learn it later on if I have chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment